Last day to Register: TUES. MAY 9, 2023
Cullen Hendrix is senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics and nonresident senior research fellow at the Center for Climate & Security. His 30+ peer-reviewed articles on the relationships between international markets, natural resources, and conflict, as well as the economic and security implications of climate change, have appeared in journals across the natural and social sciences.
He is coauthor, with Marcus Noland, of Confronting the Curse: The Economics and Geopolitics of Natural Resource Governance. In addition, Hendrix has authored reports published by or consulted for organizations including the Asian Development Bank, the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, the National Intelligence Council, Oxfam America, USAID, and the World Food Programme, among others. He was a contributing author to the 2022 IPCC report, for which he assessed the implications of climate change for threats to peace and human mobility.
His research has been supported by the National Science Foundation's Coupled Natural and Human Systems program, the US Department of Defense Minerva Initiative, the Carnegie Corporation, and the Smith Richardson Foundation, and he was a pre-doctoral fellow at the Peace Research Institute, Oslo. He holds a PhD and MA from the University of California, San Diego, where he was a fellow of the Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation, and a BA from Kalamazoo College.
This in-person event will be held at the Madison Club.
- The Madison Club conforms to all current public health measures.
- The registration fee includes a sit-down dinner with one pour of wine. The dinner is chef's choice. Please note any food allergies or dietary restrictions when you register.
Be sure to register on time!
Registrations and payments will not be accepted after Tuesday, May 9, 2023.
- Registration for in person events closes the week prior to the date of the event to provide the meal count to the Madison Club.
- Payment must be received before the registration deadline. Neither registrations nor payments will be accepted after the registration deadline.
- All registrations and payments for events must be made online with a credit card. We will not be able to accept checks as payment for event registrations.
- Registrations are confirmed only if payment is received before the registration deadline.
- Only members and guests with confirmed registrations will be admitted to a program.
MCFR members, please share MCFR with your friends!
Members are our best means of recruiting new members. We encourage members to invite guests to our programs.
You may invite as many guests as you like.
Each guest may attend one program per season.
To use the online system to register guests, you must register them when you register yourself. Otherwise contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to have your guests registered.
If you have questions about registering, please see our "Registration Tips For Members" or contact us at email@example.com.